I love Terri's post because I have seen people be VERY successful by just having a very clear vision. Don't make it complicated..just know what you want and the focus on it. What you focus on EXPANDS!!!
Do you have a motto for 2010? I admit I am not a "goal" setting woman. I write lists - lots of them - of "stuff" to do, but I don't make a written goal like so many of you do!
Since a "motto" and a "goal" seem different to me, I thought I would write a motto for myself - kinda like a "vision statement," and see if that works for me in 2010!
After thinking about it, I picture in my mind where I want to be at the end of next year - a vision of me! I am envisioning this as I write this post. So, the next step would be: how do I get there?
1. Write it down - where do I want to be (physically, career wise, financially)? Or, another could be, what do I want to "be," or "who" do I want to be? Make it simple....just two/three words, or a sentence at most.
2. Move forward - take your first step, and always, always, keep that vision or motto in your mind. Put your vision statement on your refrigerator, or on your monitor - wherever you can see it, constantly reminding you of where you plan to be at the end of the year. I have sayings that I like, quotes that I like pasted everywhere because of their personal meaning to me.
3. Do it! - every day, every week, every month, remember that vision. Keep picturing yourself where you want to be and just do what it takes!
I'll share just a couple of the personal "me" by the end of the year. I have a combined vision for my end of 2010! This is the "personal."
1. I'd like to become more compassionate
2. I'd like to learn to "listen" better
3. I'd like to be more "patient" with others.
If I write compassionate and listen on a note on my refrigerator, it helps remind me to be more patient! It also means that just looking at the note and doing nothing helps me not at all.
So, you see, these are "action" words....takes action on my part to make them happen. AND it takes focus and taking those steps forward.
What about you? What/where/who do you see yourself at the end of 2010?
Mesa, Arizona Real Estate. Call me at: 480.216-3334 for information on purchasing or selling a home in Mesa, Arizona or surrounding towns. OR email me: Teri@TeriEllis.com. Feel free to visit one of my websites: HomesAzRE.com, MoveToMesaAz.com or MoveToSunnyAz.com. Or stop by my blogs at: MesaAzRealEstateVoice; Phoenix and Mesa Real Estate Blog; Phoenix Valley Real Estate Blog